- You will feel more comfortable in class if you have not eaten a large meal 3-4 hours beforehand.
- Please arrive at the class 10 -15 minutes before the class is due to commence.
- You can make up a missed class during the rest of the month if you are unable to attend on your usual day.
- Learn to see where you are in yoga.
- Be patient with yourself, and learn your limitations and work with them.
- Do a little practice each day: stretch, bend, feel you body as it moves.
- Be quiet and alone with yourself each day: breathe, reflect, enjoy your stillness.
- Go bare-footed as much as you can: this will move the bones of your feet, exercise your feet muscles, your tendons and calves, and give you a strong contact on the ground on which you walk.
Hatha Yoga, should be practised for gaining steady posture, health and lightness of body (Hatha Yoga Pradipika: (1915, trans. Pancham Sinh).
Copyright © 2015